Through the ages economic growth has been directly related to relevant infrastructure. Nowadays this means fast transportation of material and people over often overcrowded water, rail, and road infrastructure. Natural barriers like mountains, rivers and even seas are crossed with bridges and tunnels. Because of the impact of an incident, adequate measures to prevent injuries, casualties, and the unavailability of the structure must be considered.
Efectis has the knowledge and experience to support governments, investors, manufacturers, operators, and insurers in taking the correct measures based on relevant scenarios to protect and maintain infrastructures.
- Determination of representative scenarios and fire loads
- Assessment of the structural design
- Assessment of the expected fire behavior
- Assessment of safety systems
- Assessment of the ventilation system (CFD)
- Fire testing of the structure elements, such as doors, concrete elements and construction material
- Full-scale tunnel fire scenario testing
- In situ testing of existing structures
- Testing of fire-resistant insulation materials
- Smoke extraction and ventilation system testing
- Testing of the effectiveness of fire suppression systems (sprinkler, mist, deluge)